New Shahadah On-Line Resource Center
has its own key phrases to use in daily life. Some of these are listed below
along with the times to use them.
1. When starting to do something: "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem." (In the
Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.)
2. When mentioning
something that will be done in the future.
"Insha'llah." (If Allah wills.)
3. When praising something say,
"Subhanullah." (Glory to Allah.)
4. When in pain or distress. "Ya
Allah." (O Allah.)
5. When appreciating something say,
"Masha-Allah." (As Allah willed.)
6. When thanking someone. "Jazakullah." (Allah reward you.)
7. When you see something bad.
"Nowthzubillah." (Allah protect us.)
8. When saying you're sorry
to Allah for a sin. "Astaghfirullah." (Allah forgive.)
9. After sneezing or when you're happy about something.
"Alhumdulillah." (Praise Allah.)
10. When meeting someone. "Assalamu 'alaykum." (Peace be upon
11. Replying to the above greeting. "Wa
'alaykum assalam." (And upon you be peace.)
12. When hearing about
a death or tragedy. "Inna lillahi wa
inna ilayhi rajiun."(To Allah we belong and to Him we return.)
When giving in charity. "Fee
eemanullah." (In Allah's faith.)
14. When taking an oath. "Wallah." (I Swear to Allah.)
15. If someone sneezes and they say, "alhumdulillah," you reply with, "Yarhamakullah." (Allah have mercy upon
you.) The sneezer will reply back,
"Yehdikumullah" which means, "Allah guide you."
"Your On-Line Resources of Islamic Information for Your Foundation"